Dynamic social relationships and flexible content sharing raises a suite of complex issues that demand a collaborative approach. Our goal is to develop a comprehensive and compelling framework that satisfies diverse privacy properties, access control issues, identity management requirements, and usage patterns. The vision of dynamic social networks is a complex and highly sophisticated one that requiring ongoing research and analysis to continue concurrent with the changing role and face of digital information creation and usage including personal information and contents in social networks. This project is a collaborative research project including UNC Charlotte, Arizona State University, Penn State and UT San Antonio. Related Publications.
- Moo Nam Ko, Gorrell Cheek, Mohamed Shehab, and Ravi Sandhu, Social-Networks Connect Services, IEEE Computer (Cover Feature), Volume 43, Issue 8, August 2010. [Computer 2010 PDF]
- Anna C. Squicciarini, Mohamed Shehab, and Joshua Wede, Privacy Policies for Shared Content in Social Network Sites, VLDB Journal (special issue of the VLDB Journal on ‘Data Management and Mining for Social Networks and Social Media’), 2010. [VLDBJ 2010 PDF]
- Mohamed Shehab, Gorrell Cheek, Hakim Touati, Anna C. Squicciarini and Pau-Chen Cheng, User Centric Policy Management in Online Social Networks, Policy’10: IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, Fairfax, VA, USA, July 2010. [Policy 2010 PDF]
- Anna C. Squicciarini, Mohamed Shehab, and Federica Paci, Collective Privacy Management in Social Networks, WWW 2009: 18th International World Wide Web Conference, Madrid, Spain, April, 2009. Acceptance rate: 11.8% (104/879). [WWW 2009 PDF]
- Andrew Besmer, Heather Lipford, Mohamed Shehab, and Gorrell Cheek, Social Applications: Towards A Secure Framework. Proceedings of the 5th Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS), Mountain View, CA, 2009. [SOUPS 2009 PDF]
- Mohamed Shehab, Anna C. Squicciarini and Gail-Joon Ahn, Beyond User-to-User Access Control for Online Social Networks, ICICS 2008: 10th International Conference on Information and Communications Security, Birmingham, UK, October, 2008. [ICICS 2008 PDF]